Candle info and care tips
If you have purchased beeswax candles from us this section will help you to get the most out of them, use them safely and maximise their burn time.
Benefits of burning beeswax
· Improves and purifies air quality
· Can benefit those with asthma and environmental sensitivities
· Has a natural aroma of honey and flowers
· Beeswax candles are non-toxic and have a ‘clean’ burn with little smoke
· Beeswax candles burn stronger and brighter than most other candles creating a natural ambience and a relaxing atmosphere.
Candle care and safety tips
· Always use a candle holder, candle plate or another suitable surface, do not place directly onto furniture or other household surfaces when lit Use a candle plate or another suitable, flat, heatproof surface for a pillar, and a holder for a tall thin candle. The pillars will stand on their own and don't need a holder, but a plate is for safety and helps to avoid mess (as drips can happen). It's not recommended to use a holder with sides for the pillars as they can overheat and warp the candle.
· Remove all packaging before lighting, but keep (and read) the warning sticker
· Never have a lit candle in a draft
· Trim wick to around 5mm before lighting, if you don't have wick trimmers then nail scissors work well. Try and get into the habit of trimming the wick each time you go to light it
· For pillar candles, establish a burn pool on the first use. This means ensuring you've burnt it until the wax pool extends to the edges of the candle (usually around two hours). This stops your candle from 'tunnelling'
· Don’t burn for more than three – four hours at a time. If you burn your candle for too long then they may not burn evenly. It will also reduce the burn time.
· For pillar candles you may occasionally have to 'hug' your candle - meaning gently push the edges towards the middle
· Extinguish candle either by using a snuffer or by pushing the wick into the wax pool and then returning it to its upright position.
Safety information for wax burners and melts
Do not overfill burners (and never add water) and only use with an unscented tea light. Do not leave lit candle unattended.
Always burn within sight and keep away from drafts and vibrations. Keep out of reach of pets and children.
Always place on a heatproof surface when in use and never burn on or near anything that could catch fire.
Do not use burner if cracked or damaged.
Burners can get extremely hot. Do not touch or move your burner until completely cooled down.